Corn is my favorite food, prepared in any form. I like boiled or grilled corn on the cob with garlic butter sauce, pan roasted corn kernels with garlic butter sauce, fried corn, corn fritters or corn garelu and corn salad in yogurt dressing. Yes, corn salad in yogurt dressing. This is my mother in law’s recipe and she use to make the yummiest corn salad I ever tasted. In fact, i never eaten it anywhere except from her kitchen and have not seen it on anyones menu either. I never asked her where she got this recipe from or how she came up with it. Non the less, it is the delicious corn salad i ever tasted in my life. Unfortunately, i never wrote down her recipe, but saw her prepare it couple of times. So today, I decided to try it out and it came out very good. Since yogurt is rich in protein, this recipe goes to Eat Healthy – Protein Rich Contest.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 10 oz Frozen Sweet Corn
- 3-5 Green Chilies (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tbsp crushed Garlic
- Salt to Taste
- ¼ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 cup Non Fat Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Sour Cream (opt)
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- In a pan add frozen corn, green chilies, crushed garlic, salt and some water (approximately ¼ cup) and bring to a boil. Cook until water evaporates. OR In a microwave safe bowl, mix frozen corn, green chilies, crushed garlic, salt and some water and microwave it for 3-4 minutes until corn is thawed and tender.
- When corn cools, mix rest of the ingredients and mix well. Garnish with cilantro and put it in the fridge until ready to serve.