This is a quick and easy recipe that even a 10 year old can prepare. I made it using instant Jello pudding mix. I am not a big fan of jello instant pudding but, it is very easy when one needs to prepare a dessert in a jiffy, or when one is craving for a dessert and no patience to spend too much time in the kitchen.
Preparation Time: 5 – 10 minutes
- 1 Packet Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- 8 – 10 Strawberries chopped (depends on the size of the berry) and 4 more for garnish
- Wash and chop strawberries to small pieces.
- In a bowl add the pudding mix, 2 cups of milk and beat with an electric beater for 1-2 minutes. OR use a whisk to beat the milk and pudding mix until it thickens. I followed the instructions on the pudding mix box to prepare this pudding.
- In a serving bowl, add a layer of pudding, a layer of chopped strawberries, a layer of pudding and another layer of chopped strawberries. Finally, top it of with another layer of pudding. So I had 3 layers of pudding and 2 layers of chopped strawberries. I served my pudding in a 7 oz juice glasses.
- For garnish, slicing the strawberry vertically without cutting it all the way to the top. Then spread the slices apart, like a fine. Place it on the top of the pudding and chill it.
- Serve it chilled.
- My strawberries were not very sweet. So I added some whipped cream, Fat Free Cool Whip, on the top of the pudding. I don’t have it in the photos. After the photo session, when I tasted it, I felt the pudding need more sweet. I could not add sugar to it at that point, as I had already put the pudding in serving bowls.
- When I make it the next time, I would either add some sugar to chopped strawberries before arranging the pudding in serving bowls OR add some whipped cream to the strawberries. Whipped cream sounds more yum yum than sugar…
How was it? Well, first of all, I am not a big fan of jello instant pudding. Saying that, it was edible and it satisfied my sweet craving for the day. And I ate two glasses yesterday, U ate one and I have one more in the fridge, which I might dig into little late. Unless some one wants to self invite themselves to my home and grab it before I do..