Instant Cream of Wheat with Nuts
|March 20, 2010||Posted by usha under Breakfast, Daily Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Vegetarian, Vegetarian|
This morning I got up early and as it is weekend, U woke up late. We had an early dinner last night and my stomach was rumbling non stop. I could not wait for U to wake up any long and made myself some nutty instant cream of wheat for breakfast. Later, when U woke up I made him an omelet, toast and fried bacon strips. I did not bother to take a picture of his breakfast, as it would not qualify for JFI: Breakfast event. I am sending my breakfast though.
Before I get to the recipe, it is beautiful Saturday out here and am heading out to do some window shopping or may be some shopping too, while U watches NCAA basketball at home! It is a sunny morning and was 60 degrees around 11 am when I stepped out to pick up some stuff from the drug store around the corner! I am going to enjoy this wonderful weather, staying out as long as I can! How is the weather in you neck of the woods?
Cooking Time: 1 ½ minutes
- 1 Instant Cream of Wheat Original Packet
- ¾ cup Water or Milk (I used water)
- 1 tbsp Honey (adjust to taste)
- Few sliced Almonds
- 2 -3 Pecans broken into small pieces
- 1 – 2 Walnuts broken into small pieces
- Empty the cream of wheat into a microwave safe bowl. Add honey and water to the bowl. Microwave for 1½ minutes on high. OR Follow the instructions on the packet.
- Mix it and top it with nuts of your choice. May be even fresh berries.