Cream Cheese Stuffed Cucumbers
I have a quick and easy appetizer for day 6 of the marathon. I saw this on food network few years ago and was meaning to make it ever since. I finally made it today and I substituted a few ingredients just for my convenience. I made half the recipe and used non fat ingredients. My theme for this marathon is recipe less picture post, hence I won’t be sharing the recipe now. I will do so once the marathon is over.
Source: Sandra Lee
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Updated the recipe on July 11, 2011
- 1 English Cucumber
- 4 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 4 oz. fat free sour cream
- Diced ham cut into small pieces (recipe called for smoked salmon)
- 1/2 small Onion finely chopped
- Cilantro chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Some Lime juice
- Chop onions, cilantro and ham cubes.
- In a bowl take cream cheese, sour cream, ham, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime juice to make the filling.
- Mix together all the ingredients in the bowl. Taste the filling and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Wash and peel the cucumber as shown in the picture.
- Remove the tips and slice the cucumber in to 3/4-1″ slices.
- With a melon baller or scooper, scoop out the seeds and some the flesh from each slice. Scoop out 2/3rds of the flesh from the cucumber slice. Don’t scoop out all the flesh.
- Prepare a pastry bag and use star 8 tip. I used a Ziploc bag.
- Fill the bag with the filling.
- Pipe in the filling into the cucumber slices.
- I did not have the right tip and could not pipe the filling into the cucumber. Some the ingredients in the filling got stuck in the tip. I had to remove the tip and pipe in the filling without a tip.
- I substituted smoked salmon with diced ham but I did not really care much for the ham in the filling. I would try smoked salmon or skip it all together.
This day in 2008 Egg Pulusu
Checkout my fellow bloggers running the marathon along with me.