English Muffin Pizza
|April 20, 2012||Posted by MySpicyKitchen under Appetizers & Snacks, Appetizers/Snacks, Baked & Grilled, Breads & Pizzas, Breakfast, Dairy, Mozzarella Cheese, Non Veg, Non Veg, Non Veg, Non Vegetarian, Pizzas|
Today is the fifth day of the marathon and the recipe name starts with “E”. Coming up with a dish that starts with letter “E” was quite challenging. I always had egg recipes; egg curry or egg fried rice as backup recipes but I was not keen on posting either of those. All I could think of were enchiladas & empanadas. I pretty much narrowed it down to empanadas but was still searching for more ideas. I Googled for food starting with “E” and landed on this page. Oh my, there is a page for foods starting with all the alphabets! What would I have done if Google didn’t exist and wondered how we survived the pre Google era? I found Éclairs on the list which appealed me but today I wanted an easy recipe. There was edamame (fresh soya beans) on the list and I quickly ran down to the store and bought a pack of shelled edamame and oven roasted it. The problem with that is I would have to play around with the name. I have to change Roasted Edamame to edamame roast or edamame roasted in the oven. I did not like the idea of twisting the name around and as I scrolled down the list of foods stating with E, there was English muffins. Again google to rescue and found an English Muffin Pizza and here I am with the recipe.
Source: Baked by Rachel
Total Time: 17 – 20 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 7-10 minutes
- 3 English Muffins
- 11 – 12 Pepperoni Slices
- ¾ cup (approx.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I was frugal with the cheese you can add more)
- Pizza Sauce (I did not use)
- Pre heat the oven to 425 F.
- While the oven is heating, slice each muffin into 2 slices. Use a fork to cut the muffin and tear it open.
- Cut or tear each pepperoni slice into 4 pieces. Stack 3-4 pepperoni slices and then cut it into 4 pieces to speed up the process.
- Put the muffin slices on a baking tray. If using pizza sauce, spread it on each muffin slice.
- Sprinkle cheese on the muffin slices and top it off with pepperoni pieces. I used 7 pieces (each pepperoni slice cut into 4 pieces) per slice.
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 7 – 8 minutes. I baked one batch for 7 minutes and other for 8 minutes.
- Both were god but I liked the ones I baked for 7 minutes. The pizzas in the picture were baked for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some pepper flakes and dig in right way.
- I used pepperoni slices but can use any topping. Can add veggies too but I have not tried it yet.
- I was very frugal with cheese as I do not like too much cheese. If serving for kids, add more cheese. Use your discretion.
- Oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. Keep an eye on the pizzas.
Recipes I posted this month in 2009, in 2010 and in 2011.
Blogging Marathon: To know more about the various themes and participating bloggers for this marathon, checkout the blogging marathon page on Srivalli’s blog.