Garlic Cheese Bruschetta
Bruschetta is an Italian toast rubbed with olive oil, garlic and served as an appetizer. The topping on the bruschetta can vary from olives, cheeses and tomatoes. I made a simple garlic and cheese bruschetta to go with my minestrone soup for my Italian combo.
I had a small Italian bread with sesame seeds, I went ahead and used it. I was unsure how this sesame bread would taste but it turned out fine. I made garlic bruschetta with half the baguette and garlic cheese bruschetta the other half.
- 1 small Italian Baguette
- Olive Oil
- Cheese (I used a four cheese Italian blend)
- Pepper Powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Slice the baguette to ½” thick slices.
- Brush oil on both sides of the slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 4 minutes.
- Rub garlic, sprinkle cheese and a dash of pepper powder on each slice.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 3-4 minutes until cheese melts.
- For garlic bruschetta, bake for 6 minutes and then rub garlic.
- Serve hot.
This day in 2014: El Salvador – Pupusa, Curtido & Salsa