Tutti Frutti Cupcakes
Bake-a-thon is a baking event where a bunch of us share our bakes virtually in the month of December. When the event started few years ago, it was a month long event with posts everyday. Later, it was changed to 3 days a week; Monday, Wednesday & Friday, all of December. This year it is going to be 13 bakes and watch out for my bakes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday of this month.
This past April when we did Fire Up Your Oven baking marathon, I bookmarked tutti frutti cupcakes from Sreevalli’s blog. I had some tutti frutti which I had bought to prepare a tutti frutti cake for that marathon and could not. When I saw this recipe, I baked it right away, back in May. Yes, I was planning for this bake-a-thon since then. I love baking but do not bake much as I have no takers at home. To participate in this bake-a-thon I had to start that early. However, I baked only two recipes in May and did most of the baking last month.
I followed the recipe as given. I do not remember making any changes and even if I did, there is no way of knowing as my laptop crashed and lost all the data. I had to write this recipe again and since I do not remember making any changes, I blindly rewrote the recipe from the source blog.
I also lost the pictures I had selected and watermarked but fortunately, I still had the pictures in my camera. I was saved by the bell and did not have to bake the cupcakes again. Even if I had to, I would not have minded. 🙂
Source: Ammaji Recipes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, at room temperature
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Tutti Frutti
- ¼ cup Dry Coconut Flakes
- Confetti for topping (opt. and I did not use)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and keep aside.
- In another bowl take butter, sugar, egg and whisk until creamy. I used a handheld mixer but it can be done with a whisk as well.
- Add milk and continue whisking until well incorporated into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the flour.
- Then fold in the tutti frutti and coconut flakes.
- Fill the batter half way into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When cold enough to remove from the cupcake pan, remove the cupcakes and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with confetti or serve it as it is.
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2015