I made this stir fry couple of days ago. I took some pictures while preparing it but was contemplating whether to blog it or not. There has been a two-week drought in my posts and could not resist to blog. Actually, I do have a post that is ready to publish but did not want to start the year with a cooking disaster post, therefore here I am with asparagus stir fry.
For a good asparagus stir fry, the key is how fresh and tender the asparagus is. The tender the vegetable, tastier the stir fry. I cut the vegetable into small pieces and stir fried it with basic some onion, green chilies, garlic, chili powder and some sesame seed powder. I thought the taste was fine and has a taste of cluster beans.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3-4 Green Chilies cut
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb tender Asparagus cut into 3/4″ pieces
- 2-3 tsp dry roasted Sesame Seed Powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion until translucent.
- Add green chilies, garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric, salt and stir. Add asparagus and stir.
- Cover the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Remove the cover, add sesame powder and cook uncovered for another 3-5 minutes, until done. I served it with rice.
This is my entry to Cooking with Seeds: Sesame Seeds, hosted by Priya.