I made cabbage salad and grilled salmon for lunch today. Not in a mood to write much today and getting straight to the recipe.
- 1 ½ tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Garlic crushed
- ¾ cup Red Onion sliced and diced
- 2 Green Chilies chopped or 1 – 2 tsp chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ – ¾ cup Broccoli or 10-15 small florets
- 2 ½ cups Cabbage (I used old fashioned cabbage & extra carrots coleslaw)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When cumin splutters, add green chilies and garlic. Saute for a few seconds and add onion.
- Saute for a few seconds and add salt and broccoli florets.
- Saute for a minute. Add cabbage and mix well for about a minute, until the tempering coats the cabbage.
- Cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Cabbage will continue to cook by the steam generated by covering the pan.
- Serve hot or cold. I prefer it hot.
- I used broccoli in the salad today but I didn’t quite like it. Cabbage and broccoli did not go well and will skip it the next time I make it.
- Last time I made this salad, added some celery and it was good.
This goes to Sudeshna’s Carnival of Salads.