Last Updated on
Mango Pie is an easy recipe to prepare. One of my cousin’s makes delicious desserts and is Queen of Desserts. She makes yummy souffles and I am adapting her recipe to prepare this pie. I wanted to send this to Meeta for her Monthly Mingle: Mango Mania event but some how I missed the deadline. This goes to Sweet Series: Cool Desserts.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Custard
- 2 envelops Unflavored Gelatin (Each box contains 4 envelops) or 1 ½ tbsp Gelatin soaked in ¼ cup of hot water
- ½ can Condensed Milk or 1 cup
- 1 ½ cup Mango Pulp (I use canned mango pulp)
- 9” Ready made Pie Crust
- Prepare Custard with 2 cups of hot milk, following the instructions on the Custard Powder Pack. OR you can try Jello vanilla pudding mix to prepare the custard.
- Soak gelatin in hot water. When gelatin melts in water, add it to custard mixture.
- Add condensed milk to custard mixture and mix well.
- When the mixture cools down, add mango pulp. If using fresh mango pulp, taste the custard mixture for sweetness. Add some condensed milk if it is not sweet enough for your taste.
- Pour this mixture in the pie pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until it is set.
- Decorate the pie with some whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I had some leftover custard mixture after preparing the pie. I poured it in a dessert bowl and chilled it.