The last recipe in No Bake Desserts is mango cheese cake. This recipe was first shared by one of my virtual friends K, on Facebook. Few other friends made the dessert and were raving about the dessert. They made them for a party and many compliments. This is a great recipe for parties and get togethers, as it is very easy to put together and tastes awesome. This can be easily be assembled in single servings cups/glasses. My friends assembled it in 2 oz containers and this recipe yields approximately 30 (2 oz) cups.
I could not take pictures again. I am posting an iPhone picture and shall update the post with better pictures very soon.
- 2 Graham Crackers
- 1 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. Lite Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 ½ cups sweetened Mango Pulp (less or more depending on taste)
- 4 (7 oz) Glasses or Cups
- Crust – Break graham crackers and run in the food processor to fine powder.
- Add melted butter and pulse it until butter blends into graham crackers powder.
- Divide the crust mixture into 4 glass and press it firmly.
- Cream Cheese Layer – Beat cream cheese until soft. Since I used the food processor to make the crust, I beat the cheese in the food processor. Or use a handheld mixer.
- Add 1 cup mango pulp and pulse until cheese blends into the pulp. Add more or less depending on how strong you want the mango flavor.
- Add whipped cream (cool whip) and pulse until it is well combined.
- Divide it equally into the glasses.
- Freeze for 1 ½ – 2 hours. I skipped this step. I did not read the recipe properly and arrange the top layer without freezing. Taste was good but the middle layer was not firm.
- Top Layer – Pour about 2 tbsp of mango pulp on cream cheese layer in each glass.
- Cover the glass with saren/cling wrap and refrigerate.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- This is a flexible recipe. Mango pulp in the cream cheese mixture can adjusted to liking.
- I used 4 glasses but this recipe can be easily assembled in 5 glasses. The glasses I used are not good ones for this dessert. The crust was stuck in the bottom. I would recommend using a flat bottom glass or cup.
- Mango pulp was sweetened and did not need to add any sugar. If using fresh mango pulp, add sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
- I did not read the recipe properly and assembled all the three layers right way. For a firm cream cheese layer, freeze it for 1 ½ – 2 hours and then pour the mango pulp on the top. Refrigerate the cake and 30 minutes before serving, freeze it.