For the last week of cooking form cookbook challenge I have a very quick and easy raita from Anjum Anand’s New Indian cookbook. According to Anjum, this raita is called chutney in Kashmir and is served as a dip for kebabs.
These two pictures were taken on two different days. Above was shot this morning and the below picture last evening.
Source: Anjum Anand’s New Indian
Preparation: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
- 4 Red Radish grated and water squeezed or 1/4 – 1/3 cup squeezed grated Radish
- 4 Mint Leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp. roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
- 1/2 – 1 Green Chili seeded and chopped (opt)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- Wash and cut the tips of the radish. Grate the radish and squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated radish.
- Mix all the ingredients and serve it as a dip with kebabs or as a side dish with rice.
Recipes I posted this month in 2009, in 2010, in 2011 and in 2012.
Events: Linking this to Fabulous Feast Friday, a linky party started by Mireille. This weekend I am hosting edition # 3 along with my co-host Pavani. This is also my entry for this week’s Cooking from Cookbook Challenge.