Fresh Cranberry Pecan Brownies
Fresh cranberry pecan brownies are rich, gooey, tart and not too sweet brownies.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Bake Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 16 pieces
- ¼ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract or Almond Extract
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- ½ cup Pecans chopped
Preheat the oven to 325 F.
Grease a 9x9 baking pan with butter or line with a parchment paper. I used 8x8 greased Pyrex dish.
Melt butter in a saucepan on medium high flame.
Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. If required, reduce the flame.
Remove from heat, add sugar, vanilla extract and stir until smooth. I was out of vanilla extract and used almond extract.
Add eggs and whisk immediately until well incorporated.
Stir in flour and salt until combined.
Stir in cranberries and pecans.
Pour the batter into a greased pan, spread the batter evenly and bake in a preheated oven for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie comes out with moist crumbs. I baked on a middle rack for 33 minutes in my oven.
Let the pan cool for few minutes, cut the brownie into 16 pieces and let cool completely in the pan.
Store in an airtight container for days or wrap them airtight and freeze for upto 3 months. Thaw the brownies at room temperature and enjoy.
- Recipe says frozen cranberries work well in the recipe and do not require thawing. However, it was a challenge stirring in the cranberries. I thawed cranberries for 10-15 minutes while I did the prep work and the moment I added the berries, batter came together to form a lump. It was quite a task to evenly stir in the berries. I recommend either thawing the berries a bit longer or use fresh cranberries.
- Almond extract is a great substitute for vanilla in this recipe. I was out of vanilla and used almond instead.
- Chopped almonds would be a nice variation to pecans along with almond extract.
- Though brownies have decent amount of pecans, i would not mind a few more!