Cottage Cheese Guacamole Sip & Spread
Cottage cheese guacamole dip is a versatile condiment; a dip for chips and veggies, and a spread on bread.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic optional
- 1 Avocado, about ½ cup after cutting and scooping out the flesh
- ¾ cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- ½ – ¾ tsp Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Black Pepper Pwoder adjust to taste
- ⅛ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped Red Onion or Scallions I used red onion
- 2-3 tbsp Tomato, pulp removed optional
- 4 tbsp chopped Cilantro
Take jalapeno pepper and garlic in a food processor bowl, process it for few seconds until jalapeno and garlic are minced.
Make a cut around avocado, lengthwise. Twist the avocado to separate it into two. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh.
To the same food processor bowl, add avocado, cottage cheese, lime juice, salt, black pepper and process all the ingredients until well blended.
Transfer to a serving bowl, throw in rest of the ingredients, mix and chill until ready to serve.
Use it as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies, or use as a spread for bread. I like it better as a spread on bread than as a dip.
- This is a versatile recipe and tweak to suit one’s palate. The dip/spread is mild in taste, hence adjust seasoning to taste.
- If one prefers a coarse texture like guacamole, mash avocado and cottage cheese with a back of a spoon or a fork, and mix all the ingredients together.
- Avocado and cottage cheese, though healthy are rich in calories. Careful when serving it as a dip.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips.