Easy Shrimp Noodle Soup Chinese Style
Shirmp noodle soup is a light, filling and satiating Chinese style soup with lots of bok choy. With some meal prep, soup is ready in less than 15 minutes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 ½ - 3 oz Dry Noodles
- 1 small Baby Bok Choy
- 1 Scallion greens chopped
- 1 ½ cups Homemade Stock or store bought
- 6 extra large Shrimp peeled and deveined or any size of your choice
- Pinch of Black or White Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Light Soya Sauce
Boil 4 cups of water, add noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Simultaneously heat up stock.
Add bok choy and cook for another couple of minutes. Basically follow instructions on noodles packet and add bok choy two minutes before noodles are al dente.
Drain noodles and bok choy, run under running water and keep aside until ready to serve. It is better to drain the noodles and serve right way so that noodles are warm.
Heat Stock & Cook Shrimp
In a separate pot bring stock to a boil.
Add shrimp and cook until shrimp curl up, about 1 - 2 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp.
In a serving bowl take scallions, pepper powder and salt if need.
Pour stock over it and add soya sauce. Add more soya sauce for stronger flavor.
Place noodles in the center of the bowl, shrimp and bok choy to the side.
Serve right away.
- Noodles - use any kind of noodles you have on hand and adjust the quantity depending on the appetite. I used ½ packet of egg noodles, about 3 oz and that was a little too much for my appetite.
- Bok Choy - use baby bok choy and if you can’t one, use the inner leaves of the head as those are young. Substitute any green leaves of your choice; spinach or collard greens.
- Shrimp - Cooking time of shrimp depends on the size of the shrimp.
- Seasoning - Adjust salt, pepper powder and soya sauce depending on how flavorful or flavorless stock is.