Corn Raita ~ Corn Salad in Yogurt Dressing
Corn raita is side dish prepared with sweetcorn and yogurt.
- 10 oz or 2 cups Frozen Sweet Corn
- 3 small Green Chilies chopped (approx. 1 ½ teaspoon when chopped and adjust to taste)
- 2 big fat Cloves of Garlic crushed (approx. 1 tablespoon crushed)
- ⅔ - ¾ teaspoon Salt or adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Powder (opt)
- 1 cup Nonfat Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Fat Free Sour Cream (opt)
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
Cook frozen sweetcorn in a covered saucepan along with green chilies, crushed garlic, salt and some water (approximately ¼ cup).
When corn is tender, uncover and cook until water evaporates.
Let corn cool, add rest of the ingredients, including sour cream and mix well.
Garnish with cilantro and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve as a side dish with grilled meats or as a light snack. In the above pictures, I served it as a side dish for a veggie burger patty on a bed of lettuce.
- Options to Cook Corn - Take sweetcorn in a microwave safe bowl, mix green chilies, crushed garlic, salt and some water and microwave for 3-4 minutes until corn thaws and is tender.
- If using low fat or whole milk, can skip sour cream.