Peruvian Lima Beans Salad
Lima beans salad is an easy, simple salad with lime vinaigrette
- ½ cup Dry Lima Beans
- ¼ – ½ tsp. Olive Oil this is my addition
- ¼ teaspoon White Vinegar I used rice vinegar
- ½ Lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon Dry Oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 small Green Chili seeded and chopped ¼ Aji Amarillo Fresco
- ⅓ - ½ cup sliced Red Onion
- 4-5 or ⅓ cup sliced Grape Tomato
- ½ teaspoon I think Salt double than what I used last time
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro chopped
Cooking Beans on Stovetop
Cook Lima beans for 30-40 minutes until tender.
First bring water to boil and then cook on medium high flame.
Allow lima beans to cool and discard water.
Cooking Beans in Instant Pot
Take 1 ½ cups water, soaked beans, ¼ teaspoon Salt, ½ teaspoon oil (opt) in instant pot inner vessel.
Cook on heigh pressure; pressure cook or manual option, for 6 minutes and natural pressure release.
Once the instant pot is ready to open, discard water and run beans under running water and leave in a colander.
How to Remove Skin of Lima Beans
Peeling the skin of the beans is optional but I highly recommend.
Skip this step for beans cooked in Instant pot, as it could be a challenge.
Take beans between fingers and press. Beans will pop out.
If it does not, using other hand, pinch the bean to tear the skin and then press.
Meantime, prepare vinaigrette by whisking together Oil, lime juice, vinegar, salt, oregano, green chili.
Add onions and tomatoes and toss. Add Lima beans, toss and sprinkle cilantro or parsley.
Chill at least an hour for the flavors to blend and soak in to beans.
Serve with grilled meats or fish. This also make a nice side dish.