Carrot Radish Salad ~ Gajar Mooli Koshimbir
Carrot radish salad is Maharashtrian koshimbir. It is a quick, easy and light salad
- 2 Carrots grated or 1 ⅔ cup grated Carrots
- 5 medium sized Red Radish grated or 1 cup grated Red Radish
- ½ cup chopped Red Onion
- 3 small Green Chilies seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice or to taste
- ¾ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoon Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Asafoetida
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
Lightly peel carrot and radish, and grate. Food processor works best here.
Finely chop onion.
Seed green chilies and finely chop, alternatively corsely mince.
Roast peanuts on stovetop or microwave for 1 ½ - 2 minutes, turning every 30 seconds. Once cool, pulse a few times to get a coarse powder.
Take all the ingredients except tempering ingredients in a bowl and toss. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If doing a tempering, heat oil in a pan, add cumin, asafetida and turmeric. Pour this over salad and gently mix.
Serve salad as a side dish for grilled meats or with rice.
- Adjust carrot, radish and onion to one's liking. Equal quantities of all three works great but I personally prefer less onion.
- Tempering is optional and I usually skip this step. Salad still tastes fine.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg