3 Ingredient Pork Chops
3 Ingredient pork chops are super easy to prepare and taste wonderful with some veggies on the side or as a fillet for sandwiches.
- 1 0.33 lbs or 150 grams Boneless Pork Chop or Butterflied Pork Chop (check note)
- Season of choice
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon Oil
Seasoning (approximate measures)
- ⅙ – ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Roasted Cumin
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste can use ginger powder & garlic powder
Take chops in a dish, sprinkle seasoning and rub into chops.
Marinate for 1 – 2 hours or overnight. If marinating for more than 24 hours, add some turmeric to seasoning. It is optional but acts as a preservative.
If refrigerating, bring the chops to room temperature. Keep it on the counter for about an hour.
Heat oil in a pan. I use a cast iron pan. When the pan and oil are hot, place the chops in the pan, cover ¾ – ⅝ of the way and cook on medium – medium high flame for about 3 minutes or until bottom is charred.
Uncover, flip chops, cover the pan partky and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until chops are cooked and juices run clear.
Remove from pan and serve with some roasted vegetables or use it as a fillet for sandwiches.
- Pork Chops – I usually ask the butcher at the meat counter to cut a pork chop into two and pound it to flatten the chop. When butterflied pork chops are in stock, I get those. Depending on how thick the chop is, I ask the butcher to pound it, to flatten the meat. Thinner the chop, faster it cooks.
- Seasoning – I use simple homemade seasoning for this recipe. One can use any seasoning; creole, cajon, Italian seasoning, etc.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg