Oreo Cookie Butter
Oreo cookie butter is a sweet, creamy, delicious, kids friendly spread for sandwiches, a dip for fruits and a topping for ice-creams and desserts.
Servings 1 cup
- 12 Oreo Sandwich Cookies broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 3-4 tbsp Water or Milk
Carefully separate Oreo cookie and scape off the filling for 8 cookies. Leave in the filling for the other 4 cookies.
Break each cookie in to 6-8 pieces or take the cookies in a Ziploc bag and lightly pound with a heavy object to crumble the cookies.
Take cookies in a food processor or a blender and process for few seconds until it crumbles.
Add rest of the ingredients and process until desired texture and consistency is reached. Start with less water or milk and add more as required.
Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate. Stays good for at least a week.
- For a different flavor, substitute Oreos with any crunchy cookies.
- For a rich cookie butter, substitute oil with softened, melted butter.
- Condensed milk is a good for sugar and adjust add water/milk as required.
- For a crunchy texture, do not blend or process for too long. A blender works best for a creamy texture.
- This is a very flexible recipe and adjust all the quantities of ingredients as your liking.
- I used low calorie ingredients and for a richer and for a taste closer to commercial cookie butter, use butter, heavy cream and condensed milk or combination of these.