Microwave Roasted Spicy Peanuts
Microwave roasted spicy peanuts are a quick, 5 minutes, healthy, vegan, and a protein rich snack. Great to serve with tea, after school or even as a light meal.
- ½ cup Peanuts
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon Oil
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon crushed Garlic
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp. Salt adjust to taste
- ⅛ tsp. Chaat Masala
- 1 – 2 tablespoon chopped Onions as per choice
- Cilantro ~ Coriander Leaves for garnish
Take peanuts and oil in a microwave safe bowl, and toss until oil coats the peanuts.
Microwave for 1 minute, remove and toss the peanuts.
Microwave for another 1 ½ minutes, tossing every 30 seconds to evenly roast the peanuts.
When the peanuts are still hot, add rest of the ingredients except cilantro and mix well.
Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Temperatures vary from microwave to microwave. Use the cooking time as a guideline to roast peanuts in microwave.
- Dry roasting peanuts also taste good and feel free to skip oil.
- You can roast peanuts even on a stovetop or use pre-roasted peanuts.