Roasted Broccoli Salad
Roasted broccoli hemp seeds salad with mayo sour cream dressing is a delicious healthy side dish. It is a iron rich healthy side.
- 2 - 2 ½ cups Broccoli Florets
- ¾ - 1 teaspoon Oil
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Red Onion slices
- 1 teaspoon Hemp Seeds
Dressing (you will need only half the recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 4 drops Dijon Mustard
- Dash of Black Pepper Powder
- Dash of Salt
Cut broccoli into small florets. I used pre washed cut broccoli florets.
Toss it with oil and salt or spray cooking oil. Salt is optional here.
Heat a stovetop grill pan and spread the florets. Grill/cook on medium high flame for 10 minutes or until broccoli is charred and cooked. Turn the florets couple of times in between.
To roast in oven, preheat the oven to 425, spread broccoli on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, turning once in between.
Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
Add sliced onions to roast broccoli, add ½ the dressing and toss well.
Sprinkle hemp seeds and serve. Keep the remaining dressing on the side and in case you or the guests want more dressing.
- Bacon is a nice add on to the salad. Cook bacon, chop into small pieces and toss it along with broccoli.
- Nuts - Use seeds and nuts of your choice. Sliced almonds, pinenuts, sunflower seeds are a good substitute for hemp seeds.
- Dressing - You will need only ½ the dressing mentioned above. Keep the remaining dressing on the side let people add more if anyone needs more.
- Cheese - Feel free to throw in some grated cheese. I am not a big fan of cheese and left it out.
- Calories - Calories mentioned above is an approximate calculation.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1530IU | Vitamin C: 205mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 3mg