Marinated shrimp broiled until tender and succulent is a wonderful finger food for parties and get togethers.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Brown Sugar, I didn’t use it
- 1 ½ tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp crushed Garlic or 1 Garlic Clove thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Paprika, use less for a milder heat level
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp Salt, adjust to taste
- 1 lb Large Shrimp peeled and deveined, I used 26 – 30 count shrimp
In a large Ziploc bag or in a glass bowl, mix all the ingredients except shrimp.
Add shrimp and shake the bag to coat well. Or using your hand or a spoon, mix well and marinate the shrimp for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Drain shrimp, discard the marinade. Place shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet.
Broil on top rack, 5-6” below fire for 10 minutes or until shrimp curl up and turn pink. Turn the shrimp 5 minutes into broiling.
Transfer to a platter and serve.
- Tail On - I removed the tail of the shrimp when peeling as it was easy that way. Keeping the tail intact would be a nice idea and would be easy to serve shrimp as a finger food.
- Seasoning - I used Italians seasoning. Variation to this would be replacing Italian seasoning with little garam masala or tandoori masala to give it an Indian flavor. If using Indian spices, Paprika can also be replaced with chili powder.
- Broil Time - I prefer well cooked shrimp and broiled it for 10 minutes. If you prefer otherwise, cook for 6 – 8 minutes just until shrimp curls.