Cucumber Raitha Recipe
Indian cucumber salad with yogurt dressing.
- 1 small mini seedless Cucumber
- ¼ small Onion
- ¼ small Tomato
- 1 small Carrot opt. I used only 1 – 2 tsp. grated carrot
- 1 – 1 ½ Green Chilies adjust to taste
- 1 ¼ cup Yogurt I used ¾ cup Greek Yogurt & ½ cup homemade yogurt
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
Peel cucumber, cut lengthwise into 4 wedges that is plus cut all the way down and then slice it. Each piece should be a quarter of a slice.
Slice onion and cut tomato into ¼” cubes.
De-seed green chilies and finely chop.
Mix all the vegetables with some salt.
Add yogurt and mix well.
Garnish with cilantro and serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I usually use ½ store bought yogurt and ½ homemade yogurt. This time I used ¾ greek yogurt and ½ cup homemade yogurt.
- When I have guests over, I add some sour cream. I add 1-2 tablespoons to ¼ cup of sour cream. How much sour cream goes in is totally subjective to one’s taste.