For day five of the marathon, I prepared spinach pesto sauce. I used this pesto to make pasta salad for lunch. I was going to share even the salad recipe today. I added too many vegetables to the salad and was not totally satisfied with the salad. Will share the salad some other time. I adapted this recipe and did not use cheese. I made a few changes to this recipe according to my taste.
Total Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Preparation: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Updated July 8, 2011 (These are approximate measures. I forgot to note down the quantity after preparing the pesto)
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Green Chilies
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil + some extra to top off the pesto
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Tear spinach into small pieces.
- Wash cilantro, green chilies and chop into small pieces.
- Toast the walnuts.
- Let them cool.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processing jar.
- Process it for until it is a nice paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, pour little more extra virgin oil to cover the pesto and refrigerate. My pesto was fresh for almost a week in the fridge. I made pesto pasta and made sandwiches couple of times.
This is my entry to Vardhini’s Dish it Out – Spinach & Garlic.
Recipes posted this month in 2008, in 2009 and in 2010.
Checkout my fellow bloggers running the marathon along with me.