3 Ingredient bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are a spicy crispy appetizer. Crispy bacon wrapped around spicy cream stuffed jalapeno are a crowd pleaser.
Table of contents
Theme of the Week
The theme for this week is 3 Ingredient recipes. The last two recipes; 3 ingredient tomato cheese toast and 3 ingredient pork chops are quick and easy recipes, and cook under 10 minutes. Today's recipe, 3 ingredient, jalapeno poppers wrapped with bacon is another easy one, though it takes 30 minutes to bake. Nonetheless, a keeper.
What are Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers?
Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are jalapeno peppers stuffed with creamy cream cheese, wrapped with bacon and baked till crisp. This spicy, creamy, bacon wrapped jalapenos are very addictive and disappear in matter of minutes.
Therefore, poppers are a great for any BBQ parties, game day party or any gathering and there won't be any leftovers!
With so many flavors of cream cheeses available these days, pick a flavor of choice for the stuffing. I used garden vegetable and garlic & herb flavors and prefer garden vegetable. Mr U didn’t even notice the difference.
Since jalapenos peppers are de-seeded, these are not very spicy, at least to my palate. For spicy popper, do consider jalapeno flavor cream cheese.
How to make 3 Ingredients Jalapeno Poppers
3 Ingredient Bacon Wrapped Poppers
- 10 Jalapeno Peppers seeded
- ½ tub (7.5 oz tub) Cream Cheese plain or flavored
- 1 pack Bacon, thick cut
- Wash jalapeno peppers, wipe and cut into two, lengthwise.
- Carefully seed the peppers and remove any thick membrane. Use a pair of gloves when seeding the peppers, if sensitive to pepper heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Stuff 1 – 1 ½ teaspoon of cream cheese in each piece of pepper.
- Cut each bacon strip into two and wrap a strip of bacon around each stuffed pepper. If jalapeno peppers are long/big, use a full strip of bacon. For small to medium sized jalapenos, half strip of bacon is sufficient.
- Place each popper on a baking sheet and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, on middle rack in a preheated oven until bacon is crisp.
- Small and medium sized poppers are done in 25 minutes and long poppers in 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with some soda or bear.
- Cream Cheese – Use plain cream cheese or any flavor of choice. The two flavors I tried are garden vegetable and garlic & herb. My preference is garden vegetables flavor. Since jalapeno are seeded, peppers not spicy hot. So, for spicy poppers use jalapeno flavor cream cheese or do not remove all the seeds from the jalapeno.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
Suma Gandlur says
Seems like a great treat for meat lovers.
Suja Ram says
Perfect party pleaser I think..Maybe can try a vegetarian version of this
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
oh wow - my kind of treat - this is perfect to serve at parties
Really awesome. send these links to my non vegetarian friends to show that with few ingredients also you can cook non veg food. Clicks are beautiful.
Priya Srinivasan says
Looks beautiful usha! watching all these international cooking shows, i know how people worship bacon!!! Must be a great treat for them , cheese stuffed jalapeno's must taste yumm!!!
Those poppers must have been a huge hit for game day night or to serve in any party.
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
This is such a popular game night snack. I just skip the bacon and make jalapeno poppers.
I have tried jalapeno boats with cream cheese, I guess this is a meat version of the treat!
I've heard so much about jalapeño poppers but have not tried them all. A good snack for meat lovers.
Priya Suresh says
Those jalapeno peppers looks fabulous, excellent snack for meat lovers, especially those bacon lovers.
Srivalli Jetti says
I guess this is yet another quick snack you guys can enjoy. Nice clicks too..