Last Updated on
3 ingredient tomato cheese toast is a yummy snack or a light meal prepared in less than 10 minutes.
Theme of the Week
Theme for this week is 3 ingredient recipes. For day 1, it is a quick and easy tomato cheese toast. My initial plan was to post cheese sandwich but when I realized it is already on the blog, I considered cheese bread pizza or cheese bruschetta. Both these recipes require baking the bread. Then I came across these broiled tomato cheese toasts. Since I always use oven for bruschetta or bread canapes and never broil mode for recipes with bread, gave it a try.
Broiled Tomato Cheese Toast
In broil mode, the heat from the oven comes from top and the food on top cooks first. Hence, cheese melts first and the bread below doesn’t get toasted or grilled, resulting in a soft moist bread topped with melted cheese. In other words, this toast is melted cheese on top of fresh bread. I usually prefer toasted bread for sandwiches and though the bread wasn’t toasted, I liked it.
Why 3 Ingredient Toast?
If one is looking for a quick snack or looking to fix a quick meal, this 3 ingredient tomato cheese is the one. It is fixed in less than 10 minutes and who doesn’t like creamy hot melted cheese on a slice of bread? I made 2 tomato cheese toasts and one cheese toast. I ate the tomato cheese toast and Mr U had cheese toast.
The 3 ingredients used here are bread, tomato and cheese. Seasoning is optional, hence not counting it as an ingredient. Serve 3 ingredient tomato cheese for breakfast, as a snack, after school snack or as light meal. It is simple yet delicious.
How to make 3 Ingredient Tomato Cheese Toast
- 3 slices White Sandwich Bread
- 3 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 – 3 Tomato Slices a slice per toast depending on the size
- Optional ingredient is Seasoning of choice I used dried oregano, black pepper or New Mexican Chili Powder or chili flakes
Start the oven in broil mode.
Take three slices of bread and place it on a baking tray/sheet.
Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese.
If using tomato, place a slice of tomato on cheese.
Place the baking sheet on middle rack and broil for 4-5 minutes until cheese melts. Keep a close eye after 3 minutes as cheese burns very fast.
- Pizza Sauce – For a variation, spread some pizza sauce on bread, top it with cheese.
- Seasoning – Use seasoning of choice or skip all together.
- Cheese – Use cheese of your choice.
- If using American cheese, keep an eye on the cheese as it melts very fast.
- American cheese slice is smaller than a slice of bread. Trim off the edges of the bread as the part of the bread slice that isn’t cover with cheese could burn. Hence trim the edges before broiling or trim off the edges that are burnt, after broiling.