3 ingredient tomato cheese toast is a yummy snack or a light meal prepared in less than 10 minutes.
Theme of the Week
Theme for this week is 3 ingredient recipes. For day 1, it is a quick and easy tomato cheese toast. My initial plan was to post cheese sandwich but when I realized it is already on the blog, I considered cheese bread pizza or cheese bruschetta. Both these recipes require baking the bread. Then I came across these broiled tomato cheese toasts. Since I always use oven for bruschetta or bread canapes and never broil mode for recipes with bread, gave it a try.
Broiled Tomato Cheese Toast
In broil mode, the heat from the oven comes from top and the food on top cooks first. Hence, cheese melts first and the bread below doesn’t get toasted or grilled, resulting in a soft moist bread topped with melted cheese. In other words, this toast is melted cheese on top of fresh bread. I usually prefer toasted bread for sandwiches and though the bread wasn’t toasted, I liked it.
Why 3 Ingredient Toast?
If one is looking for a quick snack or looking to fix a quick meal, this 3 ingredient tomato cheese is the one. It is fixed in less than 10 minutes and who doesn't like creamy hot melted cheese on a slice of bread? I made 2 tomato cheese toasts and one cheese toast. I ate the tomato cheese toast and Mr U had cheese toast.
The 3 ingredients used here are bread, tomato and cheese. Seasoning is optional, hence not counting it as an ingredient. Serve 3 ingredient tomato cheese for breakfast, as a snack, after school snack or as light meal. It is simple yet delicious.
How to make 3 Ingredient Tomato Cheese Toast
3 Ingredient Tomato Cheese Toast
- 3 slices White Sandwich Bread
- 3 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 – 3 Tomato Slices a slice per toast depending on the size
- Optional ingredient is Seasoning of choice I used dried oregano, black pepper or New Mexican Chili Powder or chili flakes
- Start the oven in broil mode.
- Take three slices of bread and place it on a baking tray/sheet.
- Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese.
- If using tomato, place a slice of tomato on cheese.
- Place the baking sheet on middle rack and broil for 4-5 minutes until cheese melts. Keep a close eye after 3 minutes as cheese burns very fast.
- Pizza Sauce – For a variation, spread some pizza sauce on bread, top it with cheese.
- Seasoning – Use seasoning of choice or skip all together.
- Cheese – Use cheese of your choice.
- If using American cheese, keep an eye on the cheese as it melts very fast.
- American cheese slice is smaller than a slice of bread. Trim off the edges of the bread as the part of the bread slice that isn’t cover with cheese could burn. Hence trim the edges before broiling or trim off the edges that are burnt, after broiling.
- Nutrition - Values are an approximate estimate.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
Gerry - BK says
We enjoyed this simple dish for breakfast. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe. Served on thick slices of homemade bread. I didn't have any ripe tomatoes so I used the cherry tomatoes I had on hand, they were wonderful with the cheese toast. Made them with cheddar cheese for my hubby and Swiss cheese on mine.
Suma Gandlur says
This toast could be a meal for anytime of the day, especially when cooking for one.
Suja Ram says
Such an easy and simple Toast, but looks so inviting. Beautiful pics.
Ritu Tangri says
Omg! That big slice of tomato on cheese overloaded slice looks amazing.
delicious and mouthwatering clicks must say. who will say it is with just three ingredients. Tamato cheese toast is perfect for breakfast.
Priya Srinivasan says
Aww usha, i m not reading the post, i m going up, down the photos!! oh man, you are killing me, i finished my dinner 2 hours back, now this is making me soooo hungry!! lip-smacking good girl!!! totally divine!!!
That's a real quick and easy cheese tomato toast with three ingredients. i would love it with a bit of chilly flakes.
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
Usha, that toast is just calling out my name. I just bought a huge ball of fresh Mozzarella and I am assuming that this would work with that as well. I am so going to make it for the boys!
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
I love the way the slice of tomato is cooked into the bread - what a great snack!
Good one, Usha. My little one will definitely love it.
Wow, I usually make it with chopped tomatoes but the whole slice makes the toast look so tempting. Anyone would want to grab one.
Srivalli Jetti says
Even I had made this some time back and enjoyed it so much..the still soft tomatoes with oozing cheese is simply out of the world!..very nice one Usha..
Priya Suresh says
Wowing here, super cheesy toast there. Am drooling over those toast, well done Usha. My kids will definitely enjoy these toasts.