3 Ingredient Tomato Cheese Toast
3 ingredient tomato cheese toast is a yummy snack or a light meal prepared in less than 10 minutes.
Theme of the Week
Theme for this week is 3 ingredient recipes. For the first day I have a quick and easy tomato cheese toast. My initial plan was to post cheese sandwich and later realized I already have it on the blog. I then considered cheese bread pizza or cheese bruschetta. For either of the recipes, I was going to bake the bread. Then I came across these tomato cheese toasts which are broiled in the oven. I never used broil mode for toasts, bruschetta or bread canapes. I gave it a try.
Broiled Tomato Cheese Toast
In broil mode, the heat comes from the top and the food starts cooking from top. Hence, cheese melts first and the bread below doesn’t get toasted or grilled, resulting in soft moist bread topped with melted cheese. In other words, this toast is melted cheese on top of fresh bread. I expected the bread to toast a bit, as I usually prefer toasted bread for sandwiches. Though the bread wasn’t toasted, I liked it.
Why 3 Ingredient Toast?
If one is looking for a quick snack or looking to fix a quick meal, this 3 ingredient tomato cheese is the one. It is fixed in less than 10 minutes and who doesn’t like creamy hot melted cheese on a slice of bread? I made 2 tomato cheese toasts and one cheese toast. I ate the tomato cheese toast and Mr U had cheese toast.
The 3 ingredients used here are bread, tomato and cheese. Seasoning is optional, hence not counting it as an ingredient. Serve 3 ingredient tomato cheese for breakfast, as a snack, after school snack or as light meal. It is simple yet delicious.
How to make 3 Ingredient Tomato Cheese Toast
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Broil Time: 5 minutes
- 3 slices White Sandwich Bread
- 3 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 – 3 Tomato Slices (a slice per toast depending on the size)
- Optional ingredient is Seasoning of choice (I used dried oregano, black pepper or New Mexican Chili Powder or chili flakes)
- Start the oven in broil mode.
- Take three slices of bread and place it on a baking tray/sheet.
- Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese.
- If using tomato, place a slice of tomato on cheese.
- Place the baking sheet on middle rack and broil for 4-5 minutes until cheese melts. Keep a close eye after 3 minutes as cheese burns very fast.
- Pizza Sauce – For a variation, spread some pizza sauce on bread, top it with cheese.
- Seasoning – Use seasoning of choice or skip all together.
- Cheese – Use cheese of your choice. I used American cheese as well. If using American cheese, keep an eye on the cheese as it melts very fast and second, trim off the edges of the bread. American cheese slice is smaller than a slice of bread. The part of the bread slice that isn’t cover with cheese could burn, hence trim the edges. Or trim the edges if the edges burn.