S&S Bake: Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Cookies
|December 31, 2009||Posted by usha under Appetizers/Snacks, Bakes, Baking, Cookies, Biscuits, Event Entries|
It feels like just yesterday when I was munching on last month’s snow flecked brownies, which were helplessly sitting on my dining table for 2 weeks, waiting for me to finish them and it is already time for the next bake. Unlike last couple of bakes, I baked this month’s Sweet & Simple Bake when I had guests over. So, this month my cranberry pecan white chocolate cookies disappeared in a day. Once we started eating, none of us could stop ourself. I liked these cookies better than the oatmeal chocolate cookies we baked back in march.
I followed the Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Cookies recipe exactly as given. I had to bake them in 2 batched and the first batch I baked for 13 – 14 minutes, which were crisp and burnt. The second batched I baked for 12 minutes and were little soft, exactly how I like them.
Source: Sweet & Simple Bakes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 12 minutes
Yields: 3 dozen
- 150g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda (The recipe called for baking powder and I misread it as baking soda)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 75g Rolled Oats (Old fashioned)
- 125g Soft Butter
- 75g Dark Brown Sugar
- 100g Superfine Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75g Dried Cranberries
- 50g roughly chopped Pecans
- 150g White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/ 350°F/gas mark 4.
- Measure out the flour, baking soda, salt and rolled oats into a bowl.
- Put the butter and sugars into another bowl and beat together until creamy. I used my hand electric mixer and then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, salt and oat mixture and then fold in the cranberries, chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball with your hands, and flatten it a little and then place them on an aluminium lined baking sheet. I used 3 baking sheets but had t bake them in 2 batches, as my oven could take in only 2 sheets at a time.
- Bake them of for 12 minutes. When ready, the cookies will be tinged a pale gold, but be too soft to lift immediately off the tray, so leave the tray on a cool surface and let them harden for about 5 minutes. Remove with a spatula to cool fully on a wire rack. Oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. So don’t go with baking time.
I wish my fellow S&S Bakers a very Happy New Year! I am suppose to post this bake on 2nd January but going ahead and posting it 2 days early as I will be away for the next 3-4 days. I won’t be posting any anything for at least 4-5 days.
Have fun and Wish you all a Happy New Year!