BM#3 Day 3: Ham Salad
|March 5, 2011||Posted by MySpicyKitchen under Beetroot, Chickpeas~Garbanzo, Cucumber, Daily Recipes, Entrees, Event Entries, Meats & Poultry, Non Veg, Non Vegetarian, Pork, Quick and Easy Recipes, Radish, Salad/Raita/Chutney, Salads, Salads & Soups|
One of the most difficult part of cooking is deciding the menu. Every day, the big question is what do I cook? Like most of the days, yesterday I was asking myself the same question over and over again, and could not decide on anything. I did not want to cook chicken or fish, as we had already eaten it twice this week. We had decided that we would have salad for dinner. All I need was a non-veg side dish or something to add on to the salad. Then I remembered a pack of ham that I had bought last month to prepare mini ham quiche, for the last marathon and never got around to make it. So ham it was for our dinner. I sautéed some ham cubes with some green chilies and garlic, and added it to salad. It was not bad at all! I might make this again very soon for dinner. This is my entry to Sarah’s Monthly Mingle: Think Pink, started by Meeta.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce chopped or tear into big pieces
- 3 Round Radish sliced
- 1 Beetroot sliced
- 1 Cucumber cut into semi-circles
- ¼ Big Red Onion sliced
- ½ cup Cooked Chickpeas or canned Chickpeas
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Oil
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp. Oil
- 3 Green Chilies Chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed Garlic
- 8 oz. cubed Ham
- Peel radish, beetroot and cucumber. Wash and chop the vegetables as you desire.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients listed under vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss it.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté green chilies for about a minute.
- Add garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add ham and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cubes are lightly roasted.
- Top the salad with ham and serve.
Now over to my fellow marathoners,
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Gayathri Kumar
Kids Friendly: PJ, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Veena Aravind
Rice Varieties: Champa, Divya, Padma