Coconut Garlic Powder
|August 21, 2011||Posted by MySpicyKitchen under Basics & How to make, Chutneys & Condiments, Event Entries, Podis~Powders, Vegetarian|
For day 6 of the marathon, I am sharing with you all coconut garlic powder. This is one powder that can be fixed in matter of minutes and is just perfect for one of those lazy days when one doesn’t want to sweat in the kitchen. I am posting this powder under the theme condiments which requires just five ingredients.
This powder is very quick to prepare, spicy, flavorful and can be served with hot rice with some oil or dollop of ghee. I have not served it with idly & dosa but I think it would go well with them too.
- ¼ Coconut Powder (I used desiccated coconut powder)
- ½ tbsp. Chili Powder (adjust to tolerance level)
- ¾ – 1 tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- ¾ tsp. Cumin
- 4 medium Garlic Cloves
- Take the dry ingredients in a spice grinder and grind it to powder.
- Add the garlic cloves to the powder and run it again until the garlic is crushed. Or add crushed garlic to the powder and mix it well.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Serve it with hot rice with a few drops of oil of a dollop of ghee.
- Amma (mom) says shelf life of this powder is at least 10 days.
Recipes posted this month in: 2008, in 2009 and in 2010.
Blogging Marathon: To know more about the various themes and participating bloggers for this marathon, checkout the blogging marathon page on Srivalli’s blog
Event Entries: This is my entry to Srivalli’s Condiment Mela,