Easy Coconut Chutney
This is a quick and easy chutney that can be put together in matter of minutes. This chutney goes well with idli, dosa, ven pongal and even goli baji. I made the chutney to serve with goli baje or Mangalore bajji. Most of the online sources suggested serving goli bajji with coconut chutney and this is the quickest chutney I could make.
This is lot similar to the this coconut chutney minus the coriander leaves and ginger. Ginger in this chutney is optional but adding it would enhance the flavor.
- ½ cup sliced Coconut (I used frozen sliced coconut)
- ⅙ cup Dalia or Putnalu or Fried Gram Dal
- ½” Ginger piece (opt. and I did not use it)
- 2 Green Chilies (adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- ½ – 1 tsp. Tamarind Paste (I used 1 tsp. homemade paste and this paste has some salt in it)
- 1 tsp. Oil
- ¼ tsp. Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 2 Curry Leaves
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Take coconut, dalia, ginger if using, green chilies, salt, tamarind in a blender jar and grind to paste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan for tempering.
- When oil is hot, add the tempering ingredients except turmeric. When the seeds splutter, add turmeric, turn off the heat.
- Pour it over ground coconut paste.
- Serve with idli, dosa, vada or goli baje.