Today I have a very simple salad with cucumber and tomatoes. This salad can be served as a side dish with baked or grilled meats and as a dish with any cuisine. If you are a cucumber lover like me, it can eaten as late morning or a late afternoon snack.
This is similar to Indian raita but with different spices. My initial idea was to post a raita recipe and changed my mind after seeing this, which I prepared for this month’s Food of the World.
I do add some sour cream to my raitas though yogurt dominates the dressing. For a change, I thought I would use more sour cream and less yogurt. Since I used sour cream, I did not want to use Indian spices. Seasoned the dressing with pepper powder, salt and a dash of yellow mustard.
All the ingredients for the salad and the dressing can be adjusted to one’s taste. Yellow mustard can be substituted with mustard powder or can be skipped altogether.
Preparation: 5 - 10 minutes
- 1 mini Cucumber
- 6 - 8 Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. sliced Red Onions
- 1 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 - 2 tsp. Yogurt
- ¼ tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/16 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- Dash of Yellow Mustard about 2 drops (mustard powder can also be used)
- Peel and slice cucumber into half circles. Cut grape tomatoes into half. Slice onion. Take all the vegetables in a large bowl and keep aside until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream, yogurt, salt, pepper and yellow mustard. Refrigerate the dressing until ready to serve. Dressing can be prepared just before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour sour cream dressing over salad and toss. If not serving right way, do not add salt to the dressing. Salt will release the water content from cucumber and make the salad liquidy.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#62
Looks like I missed going through this post. Such a refreshing salad. I also tend to use sour cream whenever I have it in my refrigerator ?
Creamy and simple salad.
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
what a simple salad - so quick when you need something in a jiffy
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
so creamy and delicious. Would love this refreshing salad on a warm afternoon.
Cucumber salad with sour cream looks yummy.I love cucumber and can have them anytime a day.Bookmarked to try .
Such a refreshing yet simple salad. Can have a bowl anytime.
Refreshing and crunchy salad. Perfect for summer
This is a creamy and refreshing cucumber salad. Looks yummy!!
That is one simple yet delicious salad. I love the way you have presented it..
Priya Suresh says
Crunchy and super easy breezy salad, love this salad anytime.
Ritu Tangri says
A cool salad for a hot summer.....wow!!!