Spicy sautéed sausages is U's uncle’s signature recipe. Whenever he visits us and rest of the family in the US, he makes it at least once at each and every nephew and niece he visits and kids love it! Poor athamma (aunt) does all the cutting, sautéing, clean up after the cooking and mamayya gets all the credit. 😮 Well, it is after all his concoction and he does deserve the credit for the recipe. These sausages can be served for breakfast, as an evening snack or even with some cocktails. I made this couple of day ago for an evening snack.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 - 2
- 3 Chicken Franks (any pre-cooked sausage)
- 1 ½ - 2 teaspoon Oil (I used 2 tsp)
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 3-5 Curry Leaves
- 5 Green chilies slit into two (adjust to your tolerance level)
- ½ tablespoon crushed Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Pinch of salt (you would not need much salt as the sausages are already seasoned)
- Cilantro to garnish
- Slice the sausages into into ¾ - 1' wide discs or circles.
- Heat oil, add cumin and when cumin splutters, add curry leaves, green chilies and saute for few seconds.
- Add ½ the garlic, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add sausages and saute for 3-4 minuted on medium high heat.
- Add remaining garlic and saute until the sausages are cooked and nicely roasted.
- Turn of the heat, transfer to a serving platter, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Lets see what the rest of the marathoners have for us today..
Starters: Santosh, Veena
Street Food: PJ
British Cuisine: Padma
Kids Friendly: Azeema, Jay, Pavani, PriyaVaasu, Srivalli,
Rice Varieties: Kamalika, Sowmya, Harini, Smitha
Bookmarked Recipes: Gayathri Kumar, PriyaSuresh, Mina
Special Ones (one each form the above themes): Bhagi, Gayathri Anand,
Priya Mahadevan, Minu, Rujuta, Saraswathi, Savitha, Shobana, Suma
See you all tomorrow with another starter! Have a nice weekend!
Interesting recipe by your uncle...
Nice clicks and presentation...
i am sure it must have tasted yummy
chicken franks.some thing very interesting.loving it
Meena Thennaapan says
Lemme try this with Paneer maybe?
I don get chicken sausage here...This one is a sure try..
Something different, chicken lovers feast, isn't it???????
Love this sort of sauteed sausages, i do this often..U r tempting me with ur clicks..
this is a nice one..I make one like for my sandwichs...little different....but surely they impart a total different texture and flavor!
Wow nice to know a dish created by your uncle..:)..
looking mouthwatering clicks are very nice
Gayathri Kumar says
Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi says
Am a veggie ...so ..