Spicy sautéed sausages is U’s uncle’s signature recipe. Whenever he visits us and rest of the family in the US, he makes it at least once at each and every nephew and niece he visits and kids love it! Poor athamma (aunt) does all the cutting, sautéing, clean up after the cooking and mamayya gets all the credit. 😮 Well, it is after all his concoction and he does deserve the credit for the recipe. These sausages can be served for breakfast, as an evening snack or even with some cocktails. I made this couple of day ago for an evening snack.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
- 3 Chicken Franks (any pre-cooked sausage)
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp Oil (I used 2 tsp)
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-5 Curry Leaves
- 5 Green chilies slit into two (adjust to your tolerance level)
- ½ tbsp crushed Garlic
- ¼ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Pinch of salt (you would not need much salt as the sausages are already seasoned)
- Cilantro to garnish
- Slice the sausages into into ¾ – 1′ wide discs or circles.
- Heat oil, add cumin and when cumin splutters, add curry leaves, green chilies and saute for few seconds.
- Add ½ the garlic, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add sausages and saute for 3-4 minuted on medium high heat.
- Add remaining garlic and saute until the sausages are cooked and nicely roasted.
- Turn of the heat, transfer to a serving platter, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
Street Food: PJ
British Cuisine: Padma
See you all tomorrow with another starter! Have a nice weekend!