Egg curry with onion and tomatoes is a 15 minutes recipe. Great side dish for rice and Indian flat breads.
About the recipe
For the third and final day of side dishes, it is an easy egg curry with tomatoes and onion. I do not follow a specific recipe for egg curry and throw in whatever is in my spice cabinet depending on my mood.
The recipe below is the basic recipe I follow. Sometimes a pinch of garam masala, sometimes some sesame seeds powder also goes into the curry and sometimes I make a thick gravy by adding some poppy seeds.
Today it is a simple onion tomato saute. I meant to make more curry base and use 4 eggs but absentmindedly boiled only 3 eggs. I realized it only after heating oil and adding some onion to it.
Since it is only 3 eggs, I held back on some onions and ended up with a bit too much of oil. This curry is spicy hot and perfect for a cold evening dinner. For a no tomato version, check this onion egg curry.
Below is the B&W image of the egg curry. The original image is in color & edited it for my picture of the day. I did some post processing to give it a vintage & b&W effect in Picasa.
More Egg Recipes
Cooking Time: 10 - 15 minutes (excludes time required to boil eggs)
Egg Curry ~ Kodi Guddu Kura
- 3 - 4 Eggs boiled (I made 3 eggs)
- 1 ½ - 2 ½ tablespoon Oil I used 2 ½ and it was too much
- ½ cup chopped Onions
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 – 1 ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder I used 1 ¼ and it was chili hot
- ¾ - 1 teaspoon Salt adjust to taste
- Pinch of Turmeric
- 1 small – medium sized Tomato chopped or ½ – ⅔ cups chopped Tomato
- Cilantro / Kothmir to garnish
- Hard boil eggs, peel, make 3 -4 cuts/gashes on each egg and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute onions until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Throw in coriander powder, chili powder, salt, pinch of turmeric and give a good stir.
- Then add tomatoes and give a good stir, followed by eggs.
- Stir, cover and cook for 2 – 4 minutes until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Remove cover and saute until the curry is done. It does not take very long. Saute until curry is brown and oil separates or until juice from the tomato evaporate.
- Garnish with kothmir and serve with rice.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
love the b&w photo and plating s gorgeous as always
Love this egg curry, I make something similar to this. Your's seems delicious.
Sneha datar says
Love the color of this egg curry. tempting.
I love this egg curry and this is exactly how I make it too. Your pics are very inviting.
Vaishali Sabnani says
The curry looks amazing with these beautiful clicks ! I am sure this will be a treat for all egg lovers.
Hard to resist to this egg curry, a real feast to egg lovers like me.
The egg curry looks wonderful .The pictures are so perfect and I am an ardent fan of your clicks.
Love the pictures, both of them. Cold rainy days are perfect for hot and spicy recipes.
great option for egg lovers!!!
The eggs look stunning Usha..I love the composition of the entire pic..so nicely clicked!