Garlic cheese bruschetta is a great snack and a starter and makes a filling meal with a with a bowl of soup.
What is a Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an Italian toast rubbed with olive oil & garlic, usually served as an appetizer. Tough tomatoes, olives, cheese are some of the popular toppings for bruschetta, mushrooms taste equally good. Today it is a simple garlic and cheese bruschetta to go with minestrone soup for an Italian combo.
I used a small Italian bread with sesame seeds and was unsure how sesame bread would taste but it turned out fine. I made garlic bruschetta with half the baguette and garlic cheese with the other half.
Garlic Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 small Italian Baguette
- Olive Oil
- Cheese I used a four cheese Italian blend
- Pepper Powder
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Slice the baguette to ½” thick slices.
- Brush oil on both sides of the slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 4 minutes.
- Rub garlic, sprinkle cheese and a dash of pepper powder on each slice.
- Put back in the oven and bake for another 3-4 minutes until cheese melts.
- For garlic bruschetta, bake for 6 minutes and then rub garlic.
- Serve hot.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
This day in 2014: El Salvador – Pupusa, Curtido & Salsa