A quick, easy Indian style green chard stir fry is a perfect side dish for busy days and gets cooked in 10 minutes.
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 5-6 Green Chilies cut (adjust to taste)
- 1 ½ – 2 teaspoon Garlic paste/crushed
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt to Taste
- 1 bunch Green Chard chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and chilies and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric, chili powder and salt and stir well.
- Then add chopped chards and stir well until all the spices and chards and mixed well.
- Cover and cook until chard is cooked. This should take about 5 minutes. Use your discretion here. I did not check the time.
- Remove the cover and fry for few minutes and serve hot with rice or chapatis.
- This was my first time cooking the green chard at home so I chopped and threw away most of the woody white stalk/stem of this leafy vegetable. I used the small, tender stalk that was close to to the leaf. This stalk/stem after cooking tasted like celery and I think I might use more of the stalk next time prepare it, as long as it is tender.
- When preparing this vegetable, keep in mind that just like spinach, even the chard yields very little once cooked.
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
ummm healthy nd nice colour too,..
Congrats on your milestone & Thanks for the healthy delicious and lovely green entry.
This is a nice recipe for chards,must have tasted great. Thanks for participating in the event.
Divya vikram says
Congrats on your milestone! Wishing you many more successful years of blogging! This looks healhty n yummy!