Today I have an easy breezy recipe. I make this once in a while as a side dish when I grill some meats and also when I do not have a vegetable dish to go with rice, such as yesterday. I served these vegetables with some Indian fried rice and some grilled fish. These roasted vegetables can also be used as a filling for wraps and sandwiches. There is no specific recipe follow. I just take vegetables of my choice, season it with some oil spices w/wo herbs, and bake for 30-40 minutes. That’s it, vegetables are ready to dig in! Usually I use garlic and chili powder to season the vegetables but that can also be customized to once liking.
Total Time: 40 – 50 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 – 40 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
- 1 medium sized Potato cut into 16 pieces
- 5 – 6 Green Beans cut into 1 – 1 ½” pieces
- 1 Carrot cut into ½ - ¾” slices
- 3 small Radish cut into 4 – 6 pieces
- ½ medium sized Onion diced
- ½ small – medium sized Green Bell Pepper diced
- 3 Button Mushrooms diced into 6 pieces
- 1 tbsp. Oil (I used olive oil)
- ½ - 1 tsp. crushed Garlic
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon – ½ tsp. Salt (adjust to taste. I used less than ½ tsp.)
- ¼ tsp. Chaat Masala
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel and cut potatoes to cubes. Take some water in a microwave safe bowl and potatoes. Potatoes should be immersed in water. Microwave for 1 ½ minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Cut rest of the vegetables and take them a bowl. Add potatoes to the bowl. After cutting, all mixed vegetables measured 3 ½ - 4 cups.
- In a small bowl take garlic, chili powder, salt, chaat masala and mix well.
- Pour the seasoning over the vegetables and toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Spread the tossed vegetables on a baking sheet. Do not over crowd the baking sheet with vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Vegetables will be roasted in 30 minutes. I bake additional 10 minutes for extra browning.
- Serve as a side with grilled meats, poultry or fish. These veggies can also be used for wraps and sandwiches.
- Vegetables – I have used cauliflower & broccoli florets, and zucchini in the past. One need not use all the vegetables listed above. Use any medley of vegetables on hand or of your choice.
- Seasoning – I usually like chili powder flavor and always use it regardless of the herbs & spices that go into the seasoning. I like garlic and usually add minced garlic along with other spices. I have tried chili + garam masala, chili powder + black pepper blend, also used any store bought spicy seasoning mix with some chili powder. Sometimes I also add fresh chopped cilantro to the seasoning.
- Potatoes – When I roast only potatoes, bake at 400 F.
Events: This is my today's post for Bake-a-thon 2014
Chef Mireille says
roasting always gives veggies such a great flavor
I love roasted veggies. Never used radish or green beans though. Will have to try these next time.
Srivalli Jetti says
I am loving this roasted vegetables..must try them soon..
I can happily have this oven roasted vegetables with some grilled chicken.
This is similar to what I make. Love your version of roasted vegetables too. I never used radish before, should try that next time.
Priya Srinivasan says
Delicious side usha!! Love the way you have presented it!