This was our dinner last Tuesday. When I went to the store to pick up some produce to prepare dinner, I saw this fresh small head of cauliflower. I had not prepared cauliflower in more than 3 months and the dinner menu was set. I knew Mr.U would not be thrilled about it but once in a while I ought to cook what I crave for, right? Anyway, the other item was his favorite so I was safe with the menu for the night.
I usually cook cauliflower with tomato, lima beans or green peas and sometimes I also throw in a few pieces potatoes and beans. But that day, I did not want to add any vegetables to it and wanted pure, only cauliflower fry. This is a quick and easy recipe that can be prepared under 20 minutes. I present to you, sautéed cauliflower or cauliflower fry! This goes to Twenty-20 cooking event and Cooking with Seed: Cumin, an event started by Priya.
Total Time: 20 - 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Serves: 3 - 4
- 2 – 2 ½ tablespoon Oil
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 4-6 Green Chilies cut (adjust to taste)
- 1 ½ – 2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 small head of Cauliflower cut into small florets
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Cilantro to garnish (I did not use it as I was out of it)
- Heat oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add Curry leaves and green chilies and continue to saute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until rawness is gone.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Add cauliflower and mix well until all the spices coat the florets.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes in medium high flame until tender. Keep stirring it every 2 minutes to avoid burning.
- Remove the cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until all liquid evaporated and the vegetable is done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or roti.
Beautiful click, perfect for rotis n rice. thanks for sending to my entry
Manju Rajender says
Simple yet lovely and tasty...I hate if ppl make cauliflower mushy...looks delicious and perfect. Happy mother's day!!!
even I like mine crunchy and don't like mushy cauliflower
Looks very nice,,I too make it the same except coriander powder..will try this way next..
hey, my first visit here...must say this cauliflower dish looks simple n delicious...nice space though...
The cauliflower looks delicious!!