Last Updated on
This was our dinner last Tuesday. When I went to the store to pick up some produce to prepare dinner, I saw this fresh small head of cauliflower. I had not prepared cauliflower in more than 3 months and the dinner menu was set. I knew Mr.U would not be thrilled about it but once in a while I ought to cook what I crave for, right? Anyway, the other item was his favorite so I was safe with the menu for the night.
I usually cook cauliflower with tomato, lima beans or green peas and sometimes I also throw in a few pieces potatoes and beans. But that day, I did not want to add any vegetables to it and wanted pure, only cauliflower fry. This is a quick and easy recipe that can be prepared under 20 minutes. I present to you, sautéed cauliflower or cauliflower fry! This goes to Twenty-20 cooking event and Cooking with Seed: Cumin, an event started by Priya.
Total Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4
- 2 – 2 ½ tbsp Oil
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- 4-6 Green Chilies cut (adjust to taste)
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 small head of Cauliflower cut into small florets
- ¾ tsp Cumin Powder
- Cilantro to garnish (I did not use it as I was out of it)
- Heat oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add Curry leaves and green chilies and continue to saute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until rawness is gone.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Add cauliflower and mix well until all the spices coat the florets.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes in medium high flame until tender. Keep stirring it every 2 minutes to avoid burning.
- Remove the cover and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until all liquid evaporated and the vegetable is done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or roti.