Vegan teriyaki stir fry is a semi homemade side dish served with rice. Using store bought frozen teriyaki vegetables with teriyaki sauce makes the preparation a breeze.
A packet of teriyaki vegetables comes with a mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots along with some teriyaki sauce. Stir fry tofu in some oil, cook vegetables separately with teriyaki sauce, combine both and stir fry until flavors blend in. Serve with/without rice.
For the second day of Stir Fries, I made vegan teriyaki tofu with vegetables, a quick and easy stir fry. Cooking process is even more quicker and simplified with the use of store bought frozen teriyaki vegetables, thus making it a semi homemade recipe.
Teriyaki tofu stir fry is from a cookbook, Cooking Light – way to cook vegetarian. I made half the recipe with extra spice to my taste. Despite that, teriyaki tofu was on the milder side. It is served with rice but I ate it for lunch as is, as I am trying to cut back on my carb intake.
Semi Homemade Vegan Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Source: Cooking Light, Way to Cook Vegetarian
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Semi Homemade Vegan Tofu Stir Fry
- 1-2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 8 oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 packet Teriyaki Vegetables, lightly sauced (9 oz packet)
- 2 tsp Orange Juice freshly squeezed
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder (opt and adjust to taste)
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp Salt (opt and adjust to taste)
- Remove tofu from packet and press to drain water. Cut into 1-1 ½” cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok or a nonstick frying pan.
- Fry tofu until light brown, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside until needed.
- In the same pan, add the contents of teriyaki vegetables packet, orange juice and mix.
- Cover and cook on medium – medium high flame until tender. Do not over cook and I like crunchy vegetable.
- Add fried tofu, salt and pepper, and gently stir and cook for 2-4 minutes until flavors blend in.
- Serve with steamed rice. I ate it as is for my lunch.
- I followed the recipe as given. Next time I would add some minced garlic and ginger to vegetables mix, to enhance the flavor.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later.
This day in 2010: Idli Peanut Chutney