Ground Chicken Vegetable Pulao
This recipe has been sitting in my drafts for over a year. I drafted this post a year ago when I last made this pulao. I used to make this pulao a lot until I started making goat kheema biryani. Ever since then, we abandoned this pulao and got addicted to kheema biryani. We always prefer goat kheema over ground chicken! I was not satisfied with the picture I took that day of this pulao and was waiting to make it again to take a better picture. That day has not come yet! Today I could not cook anything for the blog and by the end of the day, did not have anything to post here. As I was going through my drafts and my blog picture folder on my desktop, I noticed that this was the only draft that has both the recipe and pictures. So here it is and the picture is not as bad as I thought it was!
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala, onion and sauté until onions are light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilies and cook until rawness of the ginger is disappears.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, beans, carrots, chili powder, turmeric and mix well.
- Drain rice from water and add it to meat mixture. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the rice and by now most of the water will have evaporated and rice should be 80 – 85% cooked. Reduce the flame to low, cover and let it cook for another five minutes.
- Check again to see if the rice is done and also can taste. If rice requires more salt, can add it at this point. Add juice of 1 lime or 3 tbsp. of lime juice. Mix it well, add cilantro, cover and continue to cook for another 5 minutes are until done.
- Serve hot with raita or any gravy.