Flan ~ Caramel Pudding
This is my second week of blogging marathon in the new format. For the next three days, I will be posting under the theme “Cooking with store bought mixes”. I am not a big fan of store bought mixes but at times, these are time savers. I am starting this week on a sweet note, Flan or caramel pudding. Preparation is using the flan mix is very quick and easy, and the taste wasn’t bad either. The time consuming part of the preparation is the setting time, at least 1 1/2 hour. The flan mix box comes with two pouches, one is the caramel sauce and the other is the custard mix to prepare the pudding using milk.
Recipe: Back of the Dr. Oetker Flan / Crème caramel dessert mix
Total Time: 1¾ hour – 2 hours (includes setting time)
Preparation: 10 – 15 minutes
Setting Time: minimum 1½ hours
- 1 packet Dr. Oetker Flan mix
- 2 cups Milk (I used 1% milk but can use 2% or whole milk)
- Open caramel sauce pouch and pour it into 4 bowls. I used ramekins and I think they are 4 oz. ramekins.
- Take ½ cup milk in a bowl and mix the flan mix in it without any lumps.
- Heat 1 ½ cups of milk in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat, add the flan+milk mixture to the hot milk stirring or whisking constantly.
- Turn on the stove and on medium heat; bring the milk back to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer it for a minute or two. The mixture will be thin and will not thicken.
- Pour the flan mixture into 4 ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- To serve, loosen the edges of the flan using a knife and turn it upside down into the serving plate and serve.
Blogging Marathon: To know more about the various themes and participating bloggers for this marathon, checkout the blogging marathon page on Srivalli’s blog