This is the last post for this year and this Bake-a-thon. Today’s bake was one of the bakes for last month’s Home Baker’s Challenge. I chose a savory bake. I already have a baked mathri on the blog and today’s mathris are made with 2:1 ratio of whole wheat to all-purpose flour unlike the other mathris that were made with all-purpose flour. I baked these mathris 2-3 days before I left to India but could not take decent pictures as the weather was bad with poor natural light. Below picture was taken with my mobile phone.
Wish you all a Happy New Year!!
Source: Merry Tummy
Total Time: 28 - 35 minutes + more time for resting the dough
Preparation: 15- 20 minutes
Bake Time: 13 - 15 minutes
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Sooji or Rava
- 1 tbsp. Ajwain
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp. Sesame Seeds (I didn’t use)
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- ⅓ - ½ cup Water, less or more as needed
- Mix all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- In a small pan heat oil, add it to dry mixture and mix well.
- Add lukewarm water to flour to make the dough. Dough should be stiff and not very soft. Cover and keep aside for sometime, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Divide the dough into 2-3 portions, roll each portion into a round disc, pierce the disc with a fork. This will keep the mathris flat when baking.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the rolled disc to smaller pieces. Can use a small bottle lid or any circular object to cut into smaller shapes, if you do not have a cookie cutter.
- Repeat the same with remaining dough. Collect all the scrapes, shape into a ball, roll it into a disc and cut into smaller circles/mathris.
- Arrange the mathris in a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 13 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container. Serve it with tea or as a snack.
Wow what a fantastic recipe Usha..love those baked ones..it was wonderful doing this bakeathon with you!
Sushma Mallya says
Looks absolutely yummy....beaked version is so healthier ...Awesome !
shweta a says
this recipe is such a delight. Have got to try this soon 🙂 Good going 🙂 Thanks for putting the source 🙂
Priya Srinivasan says
Perfect tea time snack!!! Looks crisp n yummy! !
Mathris look crispy and are very tempting.
Crispy and delicious looking baked Mathris. Perfect tea time snack.
Divya @ Divya's Culinary Journey says
These baked mathris looks great! Crispy and tasty snack!
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
despite with mobile phone , pic is really good
Baked mathris looks so crispy and tasty.
I have tried these before but the results were no where close to how amazing your mathris look. Bookmarking this to try again!