Beetroot radish salad is a quick, easy and super healthy salad that is fixed in matter of minutes. I used beetroot, radish, carrots and legumes in the salad. Beetroot being a natural dye, gave it’s color to rest of the ingredients in the salad, making it a pink salad. This salad can be served as a side along grilled chicken or along with rice. It makes a great snack as well.
Preparation: 10 -15 minutes
- ⅓ cup frozen Val Lilva
- ¼ cup frozen Green Chana/Green Garbanzo/Choliya
- ½ long white Radish grated or ½ cup firmly packed grated Radish
- 2 medium Carrots grated or ½ cup firmly packed Carrots
- 1 small Beetroot julienned or ⅓ cup firmly packed long grated Beetroot
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅙ tsp. Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Boil frozen val lilva and green chana until cooked.
- Peel beetroot, carrots and radish. Shred it in a food processor or using a grater. I grated/shredded the carrots and radish in the food processor and it was a fine grate. I actually wanted to shred it, more like julienne. I normally grate it using the box grater/four sided grater. Boxed grater has two surfaces for grating and I use the surface which isn’t a fine grate. I was lazy this time and used the food processor instead. Since I did not want it as fine, I grated the beetroot using the grater.
- Take the grated vegetables and cooked val and green chana into a bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together oil, salt and pepper powder. Pour it over the grated vegetables and mix well. Chill it until ready to serve.
- To Indianise the salad, add a tempering to the salad, just like how I did for carrot salad.
- I grated the vegetables here but can slice or dice the vegetables as per one’s liking.