One of the most difficult part of cooking is deciding the menu. Every day, the big question is what do I cook? Like most of the days, yesterday I was asking myself the same question over and over again, and could not decide on anything. I did not want to cook chicken or fish, as we had already eaten it twice this week. We had decided that we would have salad for dinner. All I need was a non-veg side dish or something to add on to the salad. Then I remembered a pack of ham that I had bought last month to prepare mini ham quiche, for the last marathon and never got around to make it. So ham it was for our dinner. I sautéed some ham cubes with some green chilies and garlic, and added it to salad. It was not bad at all! I might make this again very soon for dinner. This is my entry to Sarah's Monthly Mingle: Think Pink, started by Meeta.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce chopped or tear into big pieces
- 3 Round Radish sliced
- 1 Beetroot sliced
- 1 Cucumber cut into semi-circles
- ¼ Big Red Onion sliced
- ½ cup Cooked Chickpeas or canned Chickpeas
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Oil
- ⅛ tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp. Oil
- 3 Green Chilies Chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed Garlic
- 8 oz. cubed Ham
- Peel radish, beetroot and cucumber. Wash and chop the vegetables as you desire.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients listed under vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss it.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté green chilies for about a minute.
- Add garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add ham and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cubes are lightly roasted.
- Top the salad with ham and serve.
maybe I would substitute ham with turkey bologna!....looks good!
Smitha's Spicy Flavors
My kids will definitely love this salad..
Looks colourful and yummy
salad looks delicious..
Gayathri kumar says
Looks so colourful..
Sarah, Maison Cupcake says
I love diced ham in salads, it hadn't occured to me that ham might crop up in Think Pink but I'm so glad it has! Thanks for taking part.