Cucumber watermelon cooler is a refreshing and hydrating summer cooler. Low In calories and rich in vitamins & minerals, it is a healthy summer drink.
Watermelon is a summer fruit with high water content and low calories. It is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. Cucumber is also high in water content with many minerals and vitamins. Since both are high in water content, cucumber watermelon cooler is a great summer drink.
How to prepare this summer cooler?
Take watermelon and cucumber pieces in a blender and blend it well. Strain the juice if necessary and serve it with some ice. Use unpeeled cucumber and I prefer organic cucumber when consuming it with the skin.
This is a kids friendly cooler and for adults, add some gin or vodka. For a mocktail, add some Sprite or soda of your choice.
Can you use other fruits?
Substitute watermelon with cantaloupe. Cantaloupe is also high in water content, rich in vitamins and minerals. Honeydew will also make a good substitute though I have not used it in this cooler.
Kids Delight Summer Cooler
Cucumber watermelon cooler is a virgin summer cooler and a great juice for children this summer season. If your children are picky like my nephew, use less cucumber to retain the red color of watermelon and disguise cucumber flavor. For a rich watermelon beverage try watermelon melody.
Recipe was originally published in Apr 2009.
Cucumber Watermelon Cooler Recipe
This is inspired by Tarla Dalal's recipe.
Cucumber Watermelon Cooler
- Knife to cut the fruit
- 2 cups Watermelon pieces
- 1 cup Cucumber peeled & diced
- Pinch of Black Pepper or Sugar opt
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Strain the juice in a sieve or a strainer.
- Pour juice in serving glasses, add some ice cubes and serve.
- Seasoning - Use black pepper or sugar or neither of these. Chaat masala is another seasoning to consider for a tangy and spicy flavor.
- Cucumber - Use half the cucumber listed for a more melon flavor or if you have a picky child at home. Also use more watermelon for a sweeter juice.
- Watermelon Substitute - Cantaloupe is a good substitute for watermelon.
- Adult Friendly Drink - Add some gin or vodka to make a cocktail or some sprite or soda for a mocktail.
Cucumber watermelon cooler is my contribution to Kid's Delight - Summer Coolers, an event started by Valli and I am hosting it this month. Check out the Blogging Marathon Page to see what my fellow marathoners are doing for BM# 112.