Last Updated on
This recipe is from Tarla Dalal. When I saw the recipe, the list of ingredients raised by eyebrow, melon and cucumber?? Since I like cucumbers, I wanted to try it. The recipe called for musk melon or cantaloupe and I used watermelon instead. It tasted just like watermelon juice. Last 3-4 days, it felt like summer out here, although summer is 2 months away and this cooler was exactly what we needed. It is indeed a good summer cooler.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Watermelon pieces
- 1 cup Cucumber peeled & diced
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Strain the mixture thru a strainer.
- Add some ice cubes to a serving glass and pour the juice.
- When I made it yesterday, I was in a mood to have watermelon with pepper. One could substitute pepper with sugar OR could skip both the pepper and sugar altogether.
- Use more watermelon for sweeter juice or cooler.
I am sending this over to Refreshing Drinks for Summer.