Today is the fifth day of the marathon and the recipe name starts with “E”. Coming up with a dish that starts with letter “E” was quite challenging. I always had egg recipes; egg curry or egg fried rice as backup recipes but I was not keen on posting either of those. All I could think of were enchiladas & empanadas. I pretty much narrowed it down to empanadas but was still searching for more ideas. I Googled for food starting with “E” and landed on this page. Oh my, there is a page for foods starting with all the alphabets! What would I have done if Google didn’t exist and wondered how we survived the pre Google era? I found Éclairs on the list which appealed me but today I wanted an easy recipe. There was edamame (fresh soya beans) on the list and I quickly ran down to the store and bought a pack of shelled edamame and oven roasted it. The problem with that is I would have to play around with the name. I have to change Roasted Edamame to edamame roast or edamame roasted in the oven. I did not like the idea of twisting the name around and as I scrolled down the list of foods stating with E, there was English muffins. Again google to rescue and found an English Muffin Pizza and here I am with the recipe.
Source: Baked by Rachel
Total Time: 17 – 20 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 7-10 minutes
- 3 English Muffins
- 11 – 12 Pepperoni Slices
- ¾ cup (approx.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I was frugal with the cheese you can add more)
- Pizza Sauce (I did not use)
- Pre heat the oven to 425 F.
- While the oven is heating, slice each muffin into 2 slices. Use a fork to cut the muffin and tear it open.
- Cut or tear each pepperoni slice into 4 pieces. Stack 3-4 pepperoni slices and then cut it into 4 pieces to speed up the process.
- Put the muffin slices on a baking tray. If using pizza sauce, spread it on each muffin slice.
- Sprinkle cheese on the muffin slices and top it off with pepperoni pieces. I used 7 pieces (each pepperoni slice cut into 4 pieces) per slice.
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 7 – 8 minutes. I baked one batch for 7 minutes and other for 8 minutes.
- Both were god but I liked the ones I baked for 7 minutes. The pizzas in the picture were baked for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some pepper flakes and dig in right way.
- I used pepperoni slices but can use any topping. Can add veggies too but I have not tried it yet.
- I was very frugal with cheese as I do not like too much cheese. If serving for kids, add more cheese. Use your discretion.
- Oven temperatures vary from oven to oven. Keep an eye on the pizzas.
Recipes I posted this month in 2009, in 2010 and in 2011.
Blogging Marathon: To know more about the various themes and participating bloggers for this marathon, checkout the blogging marathon page on Srivalli's blog.
Usha, those are looking really so cute and colourful!.
awesome and very simple and cute recipe.....
Such a lovely recipe and they sure look cute 🙂
Suma Gandlur says
I too prepare it sometimes. Looks colorful.
Super cute and delicious pizza,i dont mind having from my lunch.
looks delicious, although i dont eat pepperoni
they are so adorable and I did the same on letter E - I found the google page too!
Rasya Srinath says
big fan of breads & muffins.. you can play around with toppings & cheese..
Ongoing Event : WTML
Yup Rasya, we can use any cheese we like and any topping we want..