For the fourth day of the marathon, I made turkey canapes with mini fillo sheets. These mini bites disappear in minutes as soon as you serve. I used ground turkey for the filling but the filling can be substituted with any vegetable filling. Potato curry or mixed vegetable curry are a very good veg alternatives to ground turkey.
Today, I will be sharing the step by step pictures for the preparation of the canapes. As I have mentioned in my previous posts, I will update the recipe later, once the marathon is over. And also, I will share the recipe for the ground turkey filling in a separate post, as this turkey filling can be used to make curry puffs, turkey quesadillas, turkey wraps and can also be served as a curry with rice.
Total Time: 18 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 box Mini Fillo Shells
- ⅓ – ½ cup Ground Turkey Curry
- ¼ (little less) Onions chopped
- ¼ cup Cheese
- Thaw the shells as per the instructions on the box.
- I used Mexican blend cheese but one can use any cheese
- Prepare the curry and chop onions. Take these and the cheese in small bowls to fill the shells.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Arrange the shells on a baking sheet lined with an aluminum foil.
- Fill each shell with ½ - ¾ tsp. of turkey curry or filling.
- Sprinkle approximately ¼ tsp. on onions on the filling.
- Top the shells with ¼ tsp. of cheese. Add less/more as per your liking.
- Place the tray in a pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- When the cheese melts, remove from oven and serve hot.
- I have used ground turkey for the filling but it can substitute with potato or mixed vegetable curry.
If you like this recipe, you may also like Tomato Canapes.
Suman Singh says
simple, easy and delicious..
Excellent idea Usha..
Those canapes looks super cute,addictive and a prefect starters, loving it..
a very coolpost...loved it:)
Rinku Naveen says
Wow! Looks so crunchy and yummy..
Thanks for dropping by and leaving beautiful comments.
Happy to follow you..
Looks nice.I will try t do with a vegetarian filling. Lovely photographic steps.Keep them coming.
that looks terrific
Looks good Usha.