Black-eyed peas beets salad is a healthy yummy salad. It makes a good side dish for dinners and bbq parties.
This year winter was extremely cold. Finally the temperatures are warming up and Spring is just around the corner! That means more salads on the menu. Deborah’s black eyed beets salad is just perfect for upcoming warm weather. I like black eyed peas in salads and give it a try for Food Blogger’s Recipe Swap event.
Here is another black eyed peas salad I posted some time ago.
How to make the Salad?
Black-eyed peas beets salad is an easy recipe and if one has cooked beets and cooked black-eyed peas or canned peas handy, salad comes together in matter of minutes. Just toss peas and beets together with a vinaigrette and salad is ready to serve.
I cooked dry peas at home and steamed beet, which is the time consuming part of the preparation. However, make it semi homemade by using canned peas and cooked beets from the supermarket. It is great salad for weeknights and goes well with almost any cuisine.
Healthy Black Eyed Peas Beets Salad Recipe
Black eyed peas beets salad
- ½ cup dried Black Eyed Peas
- 1 medium sized Beetroot
- ½ small Red Onion diced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar (I used 1 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 4 sprigs of Cilantro chopped
- Wash and cook black-eyed peas with 3 cups of water.
- When water comes to a boil, reduce the flame to medium and cook until peas are soft yet firm, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the peas and keep aside.
- While peas are cooking, wash beetroot, cut the ends and cut into 4 pieces. In a saucepan cook or steam beetroot until soft, about 20-25 minutes. I prefer steaming.
- Let the beets cool, peel and dice.
- In a small bowl whisk together minced garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a serving dish take beets, black-eyed peas and onions. Drizzle vinaigrette and chopped cilantro and toss.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Substitute rice vinegar with lime juice.
Like the recipe? Pin It for later!
Signup to the newsletter to receive latest updates from MySpicyKitchen.
So simple and healthy salad.The salad looks so colourful with beans and beetroot. Lovely share.
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
What a great idea for salad this is! Black eyed peas are of my favorite beans and adding beets sounds so exciting. I really want to try this soon!
Veena Krishnakumar says
I love beets and this blackeyed peas and beet salad looks so refreshing. I would love to have this salad anytime
Sasmita Sahoo Samanta says
so simple and such a healthy salad it is ! Looks much colorful 🙂 Perfect wholesome for upcoming hot summer days
Jagruti Dhanecha says
I do make lobiya salad but never added beetroot before, sounds delicious and nutritious. Lovely fresh pics!
What a nutritious salad..with black eyed peas and beets and simple dressing, this salad looks wholesome.
Chef Mireille says
Beets are one of my fave veggies and I love the combination of all the ingredients used in this salad.
This is such a pretty salad! I’m always looking for ways to use beets - this looks so healthy and tasty!
Yes it is Ali. Give it try. You will like it.
The Girl Next Door says
Such a healthy salad this is, and so simple to prepare too! I love the colourful, vibrant look of the dish too. 🙂
Deborah LB says
Glad you liked it, it's a very delicious salad
Thanks for sharing the recipe.