Makha butta or corn on the cob is one of my favorite food, prepared in any form. Whenever I see fresh corn in the stores, it reminds me of street side vendors back home. During the corn season, these vendors are every where selling fresh corn or roasted corn. They roast the cobs on coal in front of you and rub it with some salt and lime juice. It is simply delicious. It is even better when eaten with ellipaya miram or garlic chili powder in butter. Yesterday I picked put some fresh corn on the cob and this morning, corn was my breakfast. I wanted to grill it on the stove but in the last minute, I got lazy and boiled it instead. The combination of ellipaya miram with corn on the cob is heavenly. This goes to Sia of Monsoon Spice for her WBB – Summer Feast event.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Corn on the Cob
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 1 ½ teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (adjust to your taste)
- Salt to taste
- Boil corn in a large pot with some salt. After the water boils, it takes about another 10 minutes for the corn to cook.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter for 10 seconds. Add rest of the ingredients and mix them. Microwave for another 20 seconds and mix well. Thats it. Ellipaya miram is ready.
- Once the corn is cooked, drain the water and serve it with ellipaya miram.