It has been raining all day today and it was definitely not a salad kind of a day. I wanted to make a nice hot soup instead. Since I have to stick to my theme, I made this quick salad. I usually like my melons unseasoned and when growing up, I use to add some sugar to make them extra sweet. As I grew older, I stopped seasoning the melons with sugar and enjoyed the fruit as it is. Some of my friends season it with black pepper powder but I never tried it.
In today’s gloomy weather I wanted something hot and spicy but stick to the theme. I decided to make this melon salad seasoning it with some black pepper, lime juice and salt. I garnished it with little cilantro but mint might have been better choice. I did not quite like the flavor cilantro in this salad. I thought the salad was fine but “U” did not like it that much. I don’t always have to blog what he likes and once in awhile, I can blog what I like too, isn’t it? 🙂
- 1 cup diced Water Melon
- 1 cup diced Cantaloupe
- 1 cup diced Honey Dew
- 1/8 tsp. (approx.) Black Pepper Powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp. Sugar (I used ¼ tsp.)
- 1/8 tsp. Lime Rind
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- ½ tbsp. Cilantro (Can skip this. I actually did not like the flavor of cilantro in the salad)
- Dice the melon to desired size and refrigerate until 10 minutes before serving.
- Whisk lime juice, lime rind, pepper salt and sugar.
- 10 minutes before serving, pour the dressing over the melon, sprinkle cilantro and toss well. Refrigerate for 10 minutes and serve right away. Do not leave the fruits in the dressing for too long.